This edition of “Pillow Talk” I had the pleasure to talk with a friend of mine and very popular urban porn star that burst out into the scene back in 2011 with Black Rayne’s “Breed It Raw” videos. From his initial scene, he was an instant hit with fans. His sexy looks, great body and juicy ass along with his healthy sexual appetite has made him a sought after porn star with other companies. I had an opportunity to talk with Smoke recently about his upbringing in the Seattle area, his love of family, Aaliyah and so much more in this in -depth interview. I hope you enjoy!!!
1. Tell us a little about yourself (age, what your childhood was like, etc.)
I’m 26. I come from a very big family with lots aunts and uncles so I have a lot of cousins. LOL. My childhood was pretty good despite early on I had experienced domestic violence with my parents and I didn’t like that. But once they divorced when I was 12, things got better. I don’t really have a relationship with my father though. He doesn’t even recognize me. Kind of sad but life moves on!
2. Many might not know you’re from the Seattle area. Lots of us don’t think there too many of “us” in the Northwest Region of the Country LOL. What is the gay scene like in the Seattle area? Especially for Men of Color?
The gay scene is the same like any other major city. Lots of clubs, guys drinking, smoking and fucking, etc. LOL Many black men don’t date other black men, which is somewhat common on the West Coast. I’m not against interracial dating but just hate to see self -hating black men. And the black men who date each other in this area have dated people that I know, etc. Its like Six Degrees of Separation LOL.
3. I’m assuming your porn name isn’t your birth name. J How did you come up with your porn name “Smoke”?
I got my name basically from the fact I like to smoke some weed. LOL. Simple as that. LOL And it’s great that in Washington State you can smoke a small amount “legally” 🙂
4. You’re relatively a newbie to the gay porn business. Your introduction into porn started with Black Rayne/Breed It Raw about 2 years ago. How has your experiences been in the porn business so far? (The good & The bad)
It’s been really weird. Initially, when I started, I got a lot of accolades from customers and industry people. But what I didn’t like was people trying to create all this drama to work with them (i.e. sleep with them, drama, etc.) and I wasn’t trying to do that. I just wanted to do my job and bounce!
5. How did you get involved in the porn business? Were you “spotted” and encouraged to do it by friends or you just knew you were a sexy exhibitionist and wanted the world to know what you can do in the bedroom!!! LOL
Ever since I was a kid I was very sexual. When I was 19, I applied to work for CocoDorm but I chickened out at the last minute. A few years later once I moved to San Antonio, I connected with Breed It Raw again and we took things from there!
6. Since your introduction into porn, all of your scenes have been bareback/raw Is this by choice? Would you be open to do condom scenes if the opportunity presented itself?
It was by choice mainly because that was the 1st company I decided to work for and they do only raw porn. I am open to condom scenes. But I have to be honest and say I prefer it raw. It just feels better.
7. In my prior interviews, I’ve asked about the ongoing debate whether or not people performing Bareback/Raw porn encourage viewers to perform “unsafe” sexual practices. Many critics believe it has lead to the rise in HIV infections in the gay/bi community, particularly with young Black/Latino males. What is your take on their analysis?
Personally, we are all adults and we make our own decisions on if we will use condoms are not. You can’t blame the porn industry for actions of individual choices. I’m sure most of it like it raw but we, as individuals, make the decision whether or not to use a condom.
8. So far, you’ve mainly worked with mainly what some would call “Urban” studios. If given the opportunity, would you be open to work with other mainstream companies (i.e. Lucas Entertainment, Raging Stallion/Falcon, etc.)?
Yeah man. If they reach out to me, I would be more than interested in working with them
9. When we first meet a couple of years ago, I mentioned that I am working hard to launch my own production company, MEN Entertainment, which will put a positive, mature and fresh face of Men of Color in porn! Much of the porn featuring black and latino models are mainly based on negative stereotypes perpetuated by both whites and within the black/latino community. I would like to know your take on this!
What I would like for your company to do is expand the visuals of Men of Color in porn. How many times can we fuck in the same hotel or apartment? LOL. Do something where we are at work or out and about and have spontaneous sexual experience. Also, tap into the fetish market as well. I know we have talked about how you will do that and I can’t wait to work for your company.
10. You’ve become a well-known performer from your photos and videos on various Blogs, Twitter and Facebook, to your work with Breed It Raw. Your handsome clean-cut appearance, nice body and juicy ass are huge turn-ons for many of your fans! With that comes some negativity from some people who have a negative viewpoint on porn stars (even though they are secretly watching you…LOL) How do you handle the criticism?
At first it used to get to me. I was wonder why so many people could be so mean and all. But at the same time, I got so many comments and messages from people who said they liked my work and that outnumbered the haters. So I just didn’t really focus on it. Actually the negative comments, etc. made me a stronger person and made me work harder to make sure my scenes were hot!
11. Does your family know you are in the adult film business? If so, what are their thoughts?
Some of my family knows but not all. LOL. Some of my younger cousins do but they haven’t told the others (I don’t think). And at this point I really don’t care!
12. We all have a type of guy that turns us on sexually. What kind of men are you sexually attracted to that’ll ensure your best performance on film?
For filming, I don’t really have a type per se since I see it as work.
13. You have worked with some sexy men during your porn career. Two scenes that stand out are with co-stars Antonio Biaggi and the 3some scene with Romance and Knight with Breed it Raw! Which porn stars have you really enjoyed working with?
I enjoyed working with Big Redd, Jermany, Romance; Knight, Slim Thug and Antonio Biaggi
14. For future films, which porn stars would you like to do a scene with?
I would love to work with Addiction, Venom, Dream and Race Cooper!
15. What I, along with other men, find sexy about you is that you exhibit a natural masculinity. I think you have become so popular, and will have staying power, because not only are you attractive but you are very passionate with your sex as well. However, we have only seen you bottom. Are you willing to be versatile on film? In your private life, are you a strict bottom or versatile?
Oh Definitely. My first scene with Breed it Raw was with Jermany and I was supposed to top him but I got stage fright I guess. LOL. I couldn’t get hard so he ended up fucking me. But I’m definitely down to do versatile scenes and would prefer it in future work.
16. You have done 1 on 1’s and 3somes scenes on film. Do you prefer one on one or 3somes/group sex? How about in your private life?
I prefer both actually while doing it for work. I’m not really into 3somes in my private life. I’m not really into the open relationship type of thing. I could be with the right guy but as for right now, in a relationship I’m truly 1 on 1.
17. What’s your favorite position to be fucked?
Lately I prefer to ride dick but overall I LOVE to be fucked doggy style!
18. Fetish films (i.e. Leather, Spanking, Piss, etc.) are becoming very popular. Yet you haven’t done any on film. Are you willing to do any on film? If so, what fetishes would you want to explore on film and in your private life?
Yes definitely. I am into Assplay. Dom/Sub Roleplay. Watersports. Some Bondage. I think there should be no boundaries in the bedroom. And I’m willing to try new things and if I like it, then I’ll do it again. And I can see myself doing all those on films!
19. Now that you have been in the adult business for some time, do you have any regrets? If you could start all over, would you go into this business?
I honestly don’t have any regrets. I chose to work in this industry because at the time I entered it with expectations that I thought were important for me at that time. But now that I’ve experienced it, I realized those things weren’t as important as I thought and my views of porn have somewhat changed.
20. The life span of many guy’s porn careers are 1-3 years. But I have a feeling we will see you go on for a few more years. You just seem like a natural exhibitionist. How long do you see yourself being in the business? What are your plans upon retiring from the industry?
Again I do love sex and the whole exhibitionism type of thing. I can see myself doing more erotic modeling and dancing. I don’t see myself doing much porn too much longer!
21. I’m sure many of your admirers would love to get with you. So you know I’m going to ask…Are you single at the moment? J (If you’re single, what type of guy do you want to be with?)
Yes I am single at the moment! J
22. If you are in a relationship, has your work in the adult industry been a problem when you initially started dating? (Answer if you are currently in relationship)
In past relationships, it has caused some problems. For instance, when I was active in the industry some of my partners thought since I was having sex with various people, they felt they could as well! And that’s not the same thing. I was doing it for work and they were just doing it ..just because! So that caused some issues!
23. What is something your fans might be shocked to know about you!
I’m incredibly shy. When I’m out, some people say I look I’m disinterested or mad when I don’t speak but its not that. I’m just a shy person. LOL
24. If there is anything you could change about yourself, what would it be & why?
I don’t really care for my hairy body. I know most people think I’m smooth but that’s because I shave it off. But I’m naturally hairy and don’t really care for it!
25. What hobbies do you enjoy? What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spending time with my family. I love those times with family. I love running. I’m also into writing poetry and slowly getting into writing music. Watch movies and cook! Go to museums and plays!
26. Just recently the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the lower courts decision on Same Sex Marriage in California. It’s now legal in 13 states and DC. What are your views on Same Sex Marriage? Do you see yourself getting married?
I think same sex marriage is a great thing. I’m glad more states are recognizing it. Yes I do want to get married and have two kids. That’s it. LOL
27. Here are Daddy Rod’s list of “quickees” I ask each interviewee.
- Name 5 of your favorite music artists –
Aaliyah, Kelly Rowland, Brandy, Tamar Braxton, August
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite movie?
Romeo Must Die, The Lion King, Queens of the Damned
- What do you fear the most?
Never truly knowing how it is to be loved!
- Boxers or Briefs or Jocks?
- East Coast or West Coast?
- What’s your favorite lube?
- What’s your favorite curse word?
- If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Aaliyah. She was so amazing. Her albums were the best. I spin “One in a Million” to this day!
- If you can be anywhere (i.e. islands, city, etc), where would it be and why?
I would love to go to Asia. I love their culture and especially love their cuisine!
28. Thanks so much for your time. I wish you all the best. Is there anything you would like to say to your fans? Do you have a website, twitter or blog where your fans can reach you?
I appreciate the love from all the fans who have hit me up on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Tumblr, etc. It really means a lot to me!
You can reach me:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – smoke_evryday
Tumblr – incrediblesmoke
Instagram – erickane