The composition of seminal fluid is relatively constant because it includes a precise mixture of components necessary to support the life of the spermatozoan cells. What is the semen’s composition ?
- First and foremost, about 96 % of water
- Spermatozoa, which account for about 2 % of ejaculate volume
- Fructose, fruit sugar, which nourishes sperm
- Vitamin C, an antioxidant which keep sperm healthy
- Sodium bicarbonate, an alkaline compound to protect sperm from the slightly acid environment of the vagina
- Various proteins and enzymes
- Several minerals, notably magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and especially zinc, which gives semen its odd, metallic taste.
To improve the semen’s taste, extensive search of the medical literature shows no true scientific studies on the matter. However, there are a lot of opinionated pieces available. Porn stars, for instance, will tell you that vegetarians have the best taste ! This tends to prove that one can influence the type of sugars and the proportion of the various minerals found in sperm. The rest of the semen’s composition being relatively constant.
The good news is that the foods that sweeten semen — fruits and vegetables — are good for your health, while most of those that spoil it are in fact risk factors for heart disease and cancer. Consequently, improving the semen’s taste also improves men’s health !
To improve the taste of semen, do the following :
- Drink a lot of water
- Drink a lot of fruit juices, notably, apple and pineapple
- Eat a lot of fruits, notably, apple and pineapple
- Eat a lot of celery
To improve the taste of semen, avoid at all costs :
- Asparagus and most cabbages (at least 6 hours before)
- Meats (at least 6 hours before)
- Milk and other dairy foods (at least 6 hours before)
- Deep fried foods
- Coffee (at least 6 hours before)